Women Leaders in Philanthropy
Honoring women and supported by women, Women Leaders in Philanthropy has raised a significant portion of the Foundation's charitable endowment. Today, their philanthropic impact continues and has grown with the number of women who have joined together to make a difference. Women Leaders in Philanthropy Fund supports causes selected annually by members.
- Supporting efforts to recruit, train, and support leaders of color in local schools, nonprofits, government, and other institutions.
- Supporting programs which prepare teens and young adults to enter the work place, focusing on financial literacy and workplace behavior.
- Connecting adults and youth with education, counseling, and support networks for mental health promotion and suicide prevention.
- Addressing food insecurity among students.
- Connecting youth/adults with counseling & support networks for suicide prevention & mental health promotion.
- Supporting the low income youth participation scholarship fund.
- Advancement of women and girls.
Grantee: The Viola Project
- Heroin/opioid, drug and alcohol awareness and addiction prevention.
Grantee: OPRF Opioid Prevention Initiative
- Establish low-income participation fee scholarship fund.
Grantee: Youth Engagement Scholarship Fund
- Connecting youth, adults with counseling and support networks for suicide prevention and mental health promotion. Grantee: Thrive Counseling Center and NAMI West Suburban
- Expansion of youth engagement in arts programs. Grantee: Oak Park Area Arts Council
- Low income youth participation scholarships (summer camps, after school programs, travel teams). Grantee: West Cook YMCA
Leadership Team comprised of elected Chair and Vice Chair. Decisions will be based on consensus of member and member at large voting.
2019 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, June 20th, Rooftop Happy Hour
- Tuesday, September 17th, Panel Discussion
- Thursday, November 14th, Annual Meeting
Venue TBD Members Only
To become a Women Leader in Philanthropy, a woman must donate a minimum of $5,000 (installments permitted). An initial gift of $1,000 can also be made, with a pledge to donate a minimum of an additional $1,000 in each of the following four years. Women can sponsor another woman to become a new member. Existing members can become Sustaining Members through annual donations of a suggested minimum of $1,000.